Ás veces teño ideas millonarias. Por desgraza (ou por sorte), nunca teño cartos para investir nas miñas ideas millonarias. Espero que alguén me leve a este.
I'm overweight. It's a combination of bad eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. Both are my fault. And when I go out to eat, no matter where I go, serving sizes are HUGE. Even if I order a small veggie sub, it's at least 2 servings. Did you know the average American serving at a restaurant is about 5 veces un tamaño de porción normal? Ai!
I don't have to eat the entire plate of food, I know. You have to admit it's nearly impossible to try to calculate how many servings are actually on the plate…. hmmm.
So here's my idea! Someone should start a restaurant called “Single Servings”. Sure, we can dress up the name, perhaps “Une Assiette” where the plates are large and the servings are simply for one. I believe there's a few reasons why a restaurant chain like this would succeed:
- Fat guys like me would have to go there for lunch just to show that we're making an effort.
- Less food, same price! That's a bigger profit per pound.
- Less food, cooks faster! That's more tables sold per hour.
- If I didn't go there for lunch, skinny people at work would pressure me into going so they show that they care. Like when they ask me if I want to go for a walk at lunch. 😉
- As empresas que queren que os empregados coman saudables só solicitarían a un restaurante coma este.
O slogan de Une Assiette sería doado, non? Gústame, "Evita un enorme Assiette con Une Assiette!". Para calquera que realmente tome esta idea e corra con ela, agradecería un pase de comida de toda a vida.