Some folks think that the onslaught of blogs and social media sites makes it more difficult to get your voice heard. While it's true that the noise is much louder, the opportunity to get your voice or your company's voice heard in social media is still not only possible, it's great if you have content that people are looking for.
We've just surpassed 100,000 visualizacións en novembro on Martech, an all-time record and moving us into an elite category of marketing blogs that get over 1 million visitors per year. (Note: the chart below isn't tracking all-time… only from when we started using WordPress Stats)
So how did we do it? I've been telling people my entire career (even before online) that a key to great marketing is to use multiple mediums to promote your product or service. You can't pump all your money into one medium… you're not only limiting the audience, but you're also severely limiting the means in which your voice is heard. For 5 years, Martech was a text-based blog. I didn't have the resources or time to use other mediums, so I just worked to optimize that medium.
This year; however, has been very different. Here are all the different initiatives we've worked on:
- Over the last year we've recorded a programa de radio semanal (off today because of the US holiday). We've had week after week of talking to the greatest marketing minds in the industry and the show has grown – with thousands of listeners each month.
- Incorporamos un e-mail marketing program that continued to drive visitors back to the blog. This is currently getting reworked as we migrate to our newest sponsor, Delivra, but it's been an incredibly great tactic. If your blog doesn't have an email program, start it today! We're working on some tools for WordPress users in that area… keep checking up on us!
- O noso programador, Stephen, traballou en varios complementos, incluído o Youtube sidebar widget, gañando moita atención da comunidade de WordPress.
- Xunto coa reserva do noso programa de radio, Jenn foi implacable na participación das nosas redes en Twitter, Facebook e LinkedIn e o tráfico das redes sociais estoupou, moitas veces superando o noso tráfico de busca each month! We're now using Tapón para axudar a regular e manter esas conversas en liña.
- Os sitios de marcadores e descubrimentos sociais como StumbleUpon enviáronnos unha chea de tráfico, polo que a incorporación de botóns de compartición social en cada publicación para facilitar ás persoas compartir o noso contido coas súas redes foi unha boa táctica para atraer novo tráfico ata nós.
- Tamén promovemos activamente o sitio con pequenos orzamentos publicitarios on Facebook and LinkedIn to very specific audiences. I'm not sure there's much of a return on investment there, but it's a good branding engagement to keep Martech top of mind with our target audience of CMOs and directors of Marketing.
- We've incorporated polls actively to engage our readers. Zoomerang has been an incredible sponsor and really helped us capture visitor interest and opinion, providing us with additional content ideas every week. A basic Zoomerang account is free, so I'd encourage anyone to use it! One word of caution is that you may not receive an overwhelming response from your poll. While people love to read blogs, they don't always participate.
- We've developed Infografía de mercadotecnia tanto para Delivera (Mellores prácticas para o correo electrónico de vacacións) e Zoomerang (consumidores e pemes Resultados da enquisa en redes sociais) e liberounos Martech Zone como parte dos nosos paquetes de patrocinio coas empresas. As infografías son fantásticas para chegar ao público se o sabes influencia eles!
- Trasladamos o blog a un estado da arte Empresa de hospedaxe de WordPress, WPEngine combinado cun Rede de entrega de contidos alimentado por StackPath CDN, un CDN moito máis rápido que Amazon.
- Último e maior impacto: contido orixinal e valioso! Mentres que o resto de blogs de mercadotecnia e tecnoloxía queren pelexar pola nova historia - ou peor - regurxitar traballamos constantemente para que esteas recibindo información valiosa, positiva e factible na industria.
O que vén? nosa axencia is kicking off some education curricula with a couple of Universities and major companies. We're going to work those lessons into Webinars and training courses for our readers. This will allow us to go beyond the conversation and really drill down and get you some great results. Be on the lookout for some additional videos, webinars and ebooks coming your way!
Yesterday was Thanksgiving here in the United States and I appreciate all of the support that you've given us! Thank you!